Katahdin

Getting Ready for Columbia Business School, Running, et cetera

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Playing with the To-Do list

After a decidedly pedestrian evening watching NOVA, I took my usual tour of Columbia sites. Nothing too interesting on the yahoo board, except some info on the to-do list. So I went there, spent a few minutes figuring out how to bring some of the tasks back, as I seem to have a stupid default view. Anyway, I put together my Kroll info ($83! the bleeding continues...), and I'll send that out tomorrow. I can't do my photo yet. I don't want to be sloppy, as employers will be able to see it, someday. But I did start looking at the exemption examinations. I am conflicted about these, as I do want to develop great relationships with my cluster-mates. But reading about the "Capital markets and investments" class got my blood flowing. I think that I would enjoy spending a few weeks making sure that I could rock that exam. I'll have to ask some current students what they think about trying to exempt out of classes, and see whether I can get past exams (as long as that isn't somehow unethical).

I've got a columbia admits happy hour on friday, finally. We put the thing together, well, last year. Next Thursday I will be in new york to hound a current student and bury them in questions. I don't have plans for the Friday yet, but I think that financial aid will get a visit, and adcom a thank you.

2 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Yup. I thought they would at least check some of the extracurriculars. I am still annoyed that they make us pay for it.

Have fun at the Happy Hour!

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger FooBarMe said...

Best of Luck with the background check

 

Post a Comment

<< Home