Katahdin

Getting Ready for Columbia Business School, Running, et cetera

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Aghh...

I spent today hung over, and accomplished almost nothing of value.

I was out until four something, at a party with kickball people. It was cool, but I am really getting too old for this hangover stuff. It's 10:00, and I still don't really feel normal. I think that I used to recover faster.

I did go running, and found a new blog to read. A woman at Wharton who writes well. I went to blockbuster to get a mindless movie. I picked "Soldier", and it was truly horrible. I realized a few minutes into it that I had watched it before, in freshman year.

Tomorrow we'll see if there's any movement amongst the Columbia ED applicants. Almost nothing happened this week, and the theory is that it's because Linda Meehan was in India, and therefore unable to work with the rest of the admissions committee to send out admits and dings. This week, Amanda Carlson will be in the Middle East, so it remains to be seen whether having Linda back will be sufficient for us to see movement.

With Yale, there probably won't be news until January sometime. The BW board indicates that some folks will hear by the end of December, but the main batch of results will come out later.

To finish the night, the funniest post from the analyst forum, which I happily don't have to read any more:

Author: ralphmacchio
I call my pre-exam ritual "the Terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from T2 and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me arive to the test site as an emotionless, cyborg badass.

2 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Thanks! How long has it been since your interview?

I am totally one of those people who will look at an entire aisle of movies at Blockbuster and pick out THE most boring film.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Katahdin said...

Too long ago for me to feel at all calm. I did the Columbia interview November 18th. I went complete on the 22nd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home